Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the highest note you can play on the sax?
The highest I can play without a doubt would be Altissimo G Sharp. A couple days ago I got up to B Flat, but my stupid teachers gave me 5 projects in the last 2 weeks of Middle School so I haven't had time to try again. Not bad for 2 1/2 years of playing

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
Put your teeth on the reed and you can hit C7+. Where do you want to go today? No big trick.

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,209 Posts
All the way up to double high M. Only the dogs could hear it.

Actually I've gotten up to C4. It's really very easy to do on clarinet!

·
Registered
156 Posts
In my warmup I practice up to a D or an F (one extra octave) depending how my chops feel that day
In playing situations I have trouble with Ab Bb and B, and will rarely go over a C.
altissimo A is about as high as my functional range goes. I have a tendancy to overblow everything up there when I'm with a band.
And yes biting the reed is a cool trick to hit a really high C, although I don't know if you wanna be known as the guy who does that all the time :p

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,210 Posts
The highest I can play without a doubt would be Altissimo G Sharp. ...Not bad for 2 1/2 years of playing
Sam, "The Man": Playing high notes has NOTHING to do with being musical per se. Given what you said about improvising in another thread, you should definitely focus other things than trying to play high notes. Hitting g#3 is not a big achievement. Being able to play anything beautifully in the NORMAL range of the horn is something I would applaud after 2 1/2. Can you do it?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts