Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is!

When I say simple, I mean ultra-ghetto; I don't have a ton of money (like most of us), I'm not a great graphic designer or web master, and I didn't want to spend my whole life building it. So I just used Blogger and SoundCloud to make what is, essentially, my online business card. (With streaming audio, thanks to SoundCloud, which is now my new favorite musician website. They rock.)

So, if you're a fan of ultra-indie DIY ghetto musician stuff, feel free to breeze on over and listen to my tunes. I have a set of tunes recorded by bands, and a set of electronic tracks I've built, because I do a lot of that, too. Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,215 Posts
Great stuff Brian, especially Breaking The Circle and Werewolf!

Do you play on other instruments, as well as the saxes, in the first set ?

·
Premium Member
11,596 Posts
Yes, great stuff and the website is perfect too - A good web site is effective, not fancy. As long as it does the job and ranks well in the search engines, you're ok.

·
2,388 Posts
Yeah, Heavy, you done good! I'm hearing more and more about folks using Blogger as a platform for their sites -- so this ain't ghetto, it's cutting edge! Great music too -- look forward to exploring it further... Hat's off!

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
That's about as Ghetto as Reese Witherspoon.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,196 Posts
Bookmarked! Thanks for sharing your talent with Sotw. B

·
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, thanks everyone! I've always loved the positivity and support of SOTW... such a constructive community.

Saxphil, I'm only playing saxes in the first set, unless there are some woodwind sections... been so long since I recorded some of those, I don't remember! I'm self-producing some tracks right now that will incorporate more of my own keyboard, guitar, bass, and electronic work. I'll post an update to this thread when I do that. Probably gonna be a while, though-- don't have nearly as much time as I'd like to just sit and record, and we all know it's a long process when you're trying to do it well.

Thanks for the digs, all!

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
That's about as Ghetto as Reese Witherspoon.
LOL. I guess the youngsters have pretty high standards with this stuff.

It's always great listening to your music, Brian.

A question : Do you consider yourself to have a "main axe", Heavyweather?

·
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Rootytootoot, I appreciate it. Currently I play more tenor than anything, and that's how it's been for the last few years. For a long time I was mainly an alto player, and I used to play a lot of soprano, too. My main gig these days is playing keyboard and some tenor in a rock band in Austin, and doing jazz gigs and some party band gigs on tenor as well. I'm going to be booking more gigs as a leader pretty soon, playing my own music (like on the web site), and I should be able to get some live recordings up in the next few months.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,215 Posts
Brian, great tenor playing on Ant People, as a few have said...missed that one the first time.

I also love the Steely Dan vibe to it, as SMT mentioned.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts