Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
I bought some really nice reeds for Neil's Reeds. His eBay user name is Oboe_Reeds. I don't think he's got any for sale on eBay right now. His last sell was on 22 October 2007 so a figure he's still selling.

I'm not an oboe expert by far but these handmade reeds look much more substantial that the store-bought types. Plus, they have the little copper wire on them. I heard that's suppose to make them better, but I don't know that for sure (joke). What I do know is that through all the different strengths, a sax-player like me found them much more responsive than the ones offered at the local music store.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,936 Posts
www.forrestsmusic.com I have bought bassoon reeds from them, and they are good. The pictures of their oboe reeds look great....You really need to learn to make your own oboe reeds. It's not that hard, once you figure it out. It can get expensive though, aquiring all the toys. Find a good teacher and get them to show you how. Making your own reeds makes playing the oboe way more enjoyable... I made a decent one today :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts