Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Nice one.

Good feeling for the tune and not over blown. Still not hearing you venture towards many lower notes.

Would like to hear you take the time to process the sound a little better. Sounds like you’re not very close to the mike and your flat recorded sound doesn't mix well. Although I know we should mainly be just listening to what and how you play, would be nice to hear what you're doing presented a little better.

Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks again for listening Wade. I always appreciate your considered and thoughtful responses. I will work on improving the sound quality. I think the sound quality takes a big hit when the .wav file gets reduced to a low quality .mp3 when uploading to Soundclick. What do you do to maintain high quality sound?

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Has nothing to do with MP3. You need to set up a decent mike, get close enough to not loose the sound to the room, and record your file into something where you can manipulate the sound so that you mix to the right level for the backing and add some reverb that matches the backing.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's an uncompressed version: http://snd.sc/mQN1Kr
I'll work on improving my recording setup.

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Not much difference between the two. Sounds like the microphone is more than 2 feet away (shouldn't be) and same flat recording in either case. Compression hasn't changed it that much.

A simple and free program that can be downloaded is Audacity. You can put the backing track in one channel and then record yourself on another. Then use Gverb (their term for reverb) to add some depth. You can also balance the sound, and do a lot of much more fancy stuff. Really just a basic program, but has more than enough to fix up your sound. Warning! do not think that the levels are set anywhere where they should be for working with Gverb. They must be radically adjusted. Let me know if you need more specifics or just Email.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.