Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,323 Posts
That has to be the absolute worst, most amateur factory engraving I have ever seen! If it weren't for the body/keywork being mostly correct, I'd say it was a fake.

I can imagine the people at the factory... "Hey Bob, do you still remember how to make a Super 20?" "Well, kinda... Hey Fred, how do we make a Super 20??" "Not sure... I think I have a picture here somewhere..."
So they started with a 613 body and bolted on S20-like keywork. It could be a great horn, but I doubt it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,878 Posts
Jason said it all.......I would keep my money in the pocket and ambush a better one, at least...... I am hoping to do just that some day soon! Way too expensive!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,571 Posts
late super 20

That may be the highest serial number I have ever seen on a Super 20.

HUTMO

·
38,878 Posts
probably made the last day they were in business, just before they went home for the last time. :)

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Should be one of those outsourced bodies with the drawn toneholes. Note the high-F#.

.......but wait! Did any of them actually ever have the high-F# key?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,544 Posts
...never seen one with a high F#

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,664 Posts
Could it be a Super 21 and someone tried to make it look like a Super 20? What a con job!

·
38,878 Posts
You Wish!

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,664 Posts
Milandro -

The S21 has a bad rap!

·
38,878 Posts
On the contrary........ the Super 21 is extremely rare looks completely different from the poor example which started all this and .....it it very valuable!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts