Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends!

Now I have seen that there have been a couple of new posts of fellow members FINALLY gathering a database for H Couf instruments.
I thought I put something out there to see if anyone has heard of a H Couf Superba I Bb Clarinet?

I was browsing online and found a charity auction which had a clarinet for sale which did not list the brand but I saw the H Couf badge on the case. The auction was around $50 so G.A.S hit me and I bought it. It was a for a good cause so, why not!?

Upon arrival I opened it and sure enough it was an H Couf clarinet, but to my surprise, it was a Superba I clarinet! I know Couf had Saxophones, Trombones, Trumpets, and cornets made being that I have a couple of those myself, but I never heard of them making clarinets -let alone a Superba I! It seems to be made with quality dark red-ish wood and with solid key-work.

It is not in any playable form right now, but if I find it is worth an overhaul, I will have it repaired and have a clarinet performance major play it and I'll post the video.

Here are some pictures I just took of it:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lrZNVgM8eq3UiTzW_RzE2QetaRRBT0xL?usp=sharing

Do any of you know any information about this clarinet?

Who made it?

How many are out there?

Anyone else have one of these?

Any information would be helpful!

Jo

1 - 1 of 1 Posts