Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 25 years ago, I purchased an alto saxophone for my kids for their school music lessons. They never continued after school and it has been sitting for 10+ years.

I don’t know much about it. It says SAXMASTER on the horn area and I see a number 00296 on the back of it.

Im looking to sell it. Can you help identify it and suggest what to do. I’d think it would need a good cleaning. Wondering if it’s worth the time and effort of cleaning it.

Pictures attached.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
I think no one is responding because SaxMaster is not a common name...but there are a few out there. Does the horn happen to have a country of origin...possibly “Made in Italy” stamped on it. This information would be helpful.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Sell it as-is for $150 or give it to a school. Spend 5 minutes wiping it off with a wet paper towel or 30 minutes polishing the nickel keys and guards with Hagerty 100 to attract more buyers with nicer looking pictures. But you'll never get that $12 back that you spent on the tube of polish.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I really don’t know anything about rare sax brands, but the left hand pinky key arrangement looks quite similar to my SML Strasser-Marigaux saxes (as do the nickel plated keys). Maybe it is a sign of French origins??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts