Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can play every note on my tenor perfectly, so this issue is not from me, but suddenly during jazz band today, my tenor won't play a middle d :)line4:) or a middle e. I don't think it has to do with those specific pads, since when I play a low e and low d they come out perfectly. Does anyone know what this issue may be? I'm going to ask my director for help tomorrow.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,308 Posts
There still could be a leak. Usually it's located just above where the trouble starts.
Opening the octave vent could be enough to give you issues with these notes even if they play 'perfectly' down low.
Best have a tech run a light through it to make sure everything is sealing properly.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
29,342 Posts
I can play every note on my tenor perfectly
Wow, I wish I could.

my tenor won't play a middle d :)line4:) or a middle e.
Sounds like you have a leak, I would get it looked at. Try a cigarette paper and a leak light or take iot to a tech.

It might be something very simple though like a cork dropped off or too thin or an adjustment screw.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, I wish I could.

Are you being sarcastic?..

Sounds like you have a leak, I would get it looked at. Try a cigarette paper and a leak light or take iot to a tech.

It might be something very simple though like a cork dropped off or too thin or an adjustment screw.
My band director is sending it off for repair.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Sounds like something to do with the body octave vent to me- the tiny pad covering the pip may not be opening far enough or stuck closed or the vent tube itself might have something partially blocking it. That would explain why the lower octave notes blow fine. Are there issues with any of the other notes from D2-G#2? The other notes may come out but they might have intonation or tone issues?

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
29,342 Posts
I think he added that in as a question whether you were being sarcastic.
Oh I see. He put it in as if I said it.

Anyway, no I wasn't being sarcastic at all. All I meant was I wish I could play every note on my tenor perfectly. I still have a way to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts