Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just become associated with a music teacher here in Australia who is getting together a high school swing band of some of his students together with a sprinkling of more mature players to try to help out.
The band who has been practising for the last few months will comprise about 3 trumpets, 2 trombones, 2 alto and 2 tenor saxes, piano, bass, guitar and drums. We are trying to find the sheet music for this band for a few numbers such as : Boogie Blues, Mood Indigo,, Opus 1, Lester leaps in, At Last, Perdido, Do Nuthin' till you hear from me etc. These are all numbers which would be now out of copyright I imagine but not being too flash on the computer I don't know how to source these as economically as possible.
I see that there are lots of sites for Big Band Arrangements etc. but I get a bit confused trying to work out how to source them and for instance whether one has to pay for each separate sheet of music.
Can anybody tell me how to download the sheet music for the various instruments for a band such as this and an approximate idea of the cost of doing so. Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Do you have access to any Real Books? I remember seeing a site somewhere that was selling the pdf's on CD for about $17 USD.

Are looking for arrangements or just lead sheets?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply. I'm really looking for the sheet music for the swing arrangements for those instruments. I did get onto a Real Book site and I've passed that on to their music teacher but I'm not sure that he can get the copies of the charts for the band from this. As well I couldn't find "Boogie Blues" in any of the Real Books that I previously accessed.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
18,100 Posts
I will be sending you a PM as soon as I find an email address that you need to have for a source. It may be tomorrow before I can get it to you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your reply Belliot. I'll await your PM with grest anticipation.

And Douglas I've sent a message off to you by email.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Douglas I've tried sending it on DlSmink and its been rejected again. Can you let me know the correct email address so I don't have to do it all over again. I've been able to save it in my "Drafts" folder I think. I was hoping to depart this life at my age without ever having to try and learn about computers but I've been nailed and I'm respectfully regarded as "Internet Challenged" by my family.
Regards,
Peter.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
558 Posts
Peter -
I'm sorry that communication has been such an ordeal. I sent you an e-mail, so if it doesn't arrive, please post again in Sheet Music & Transcriptions. I might have to give you another address to try.
- Douglas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts