Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I've got a few tenors that the wife is making me sell..:( I've never sold any instruments before. I've only been on the purchasing side of things.

If you could be so kind as to look at my reverb posting for both? If you think I should edit anything, or price is too high etc., please let me know.

I really appreciate the feedback! I'm looking to move these ASAP (to appease wifey) :bluewink:

-Jerry

Saxophone #1 https://reverb.com/item/24492834-yamaha-yts-61-tenor-saxophone-1970-s-gold-lacquer

Saxophone #2 https://reverb.com/item/24495415-selmer-bundy-tenor-1970-s

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,946 Posts
You can also post them here, Jerry.

G'luck.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,943 Posts
Looks good to me, the first one I wouldn't describe the finish as gold, as it implies a gold plate finish. I would say gold coloured lacquer.

And yes, you can sell them here also.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good to me, the first one I wouldn't describe the finish as gold, as it implies a gold plate finish. I would say gold coloured lacquer.

And yes, you can sell them here also.
LOL! Good tip! Thank you sir.

Also, I thought selling them on here was a no no ?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I've got a few tenors that the wife is making me sell..:(
Maybe get a new wife instead?? =)

That Yamaha 61 looks awesome and well priced. If it doesn't sell immediately, just be patient and one day you will wake up and it will be sold. Selling horns is like making bread dough - it won't rise until you quit watching/thinking about it. Of course, if you want to sell it super fast you can always just tank the price, but I wouldn't recommend it on that horn. If you do tank the price, PM me and I'll buy it!

I don't know enough about the other horn to comment.

Best of luck with the sales!

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,943 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe get a new wife instead?? =)

That Yamaha 61 looks awesome and well priced. If it doesn't sell immediately, just be patient and one day you will wake up and it will be sold. Selling horns is like making bread dough - it won't rise until you quit watching/thinking about it. Of course, if you want to sell it super fast you can always just tank the price, but I wouldn't recommend it on that horn. If you do tank the price, PM me and I'll buy it!

I don't know enough about the other horn to comment.

Best of luck with the sales!
I'll Keep you in mind! Thanks for the saxophone parable. Love it!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Craigslist can work well, also. Cash sale, no shipping, and no returns.

The Bundy is what it is.

With the Yamaha, you've described it well and posted many photos. I would drop the "as-is" option to get offers closer to your asking price.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Craigslist can work well, also. Cash sale, no shipping, and no returns.

The Bundy is what it is.

With the Yamaha, you've described it well and posted many photos. I would drop the "as-is" option to get offers closer to your asking price.
Thanks for taking the time to look them over. I'll drop the "as-is" in there. Thanks again.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think the ads look great, very nice photographs. The YTS price is a very good price for a buyer, in my opinion, it shouldn't last long. The Bundy price is tough... I like to source cheap horns for young players that may have difficulty buying one, making the prices as cheap as possible -- just sold a primo Jupiter alto for $200, break-even -- but if one considers that some extensive work has to be done to get it playing optimally, like $600-800+, all of a sudden you have up to twice as much money in the horn as you can get for it. It might be worthwhile to talk to a tech about what they think it'd take to get it playing well, possibly get the work done and raise the price accordingly.

Don't we have to have 50 posts before we can participate in the Marketplace? Maybe that's recently changed.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
It that 61 doesn't sell in a week or so, raise the price to about $1800-2000 and I'll bet it will sell. It's counter-intuitive and I never believed it myself, but I've tried that a few times and it really does work. It's almost like if something it too cheap, the buyer automatically assumes something is wrong with it and they don't want it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It that 61 doesn't sell in a week or so, raise the price to about $1800-2000 and I'll bet it will sell. It's counter-intuitive and I never believed it myself, but I've tried that a few times and it really does work. It's almost like if something it too cheap, the buyer automatically assumes something is wrong with it and they don't want it.
I actually was just thinking about this today. I feel as though the market value on these have gone up. I purchased it for $1,400 from someone on here maybe 10 years ago. Everyone seems to be selling theirs more in the $1800-$2000 range, or higher actually. I moved it to $1,750. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think the ads look great, very nice photographs. The YTS price is a very good price for a buyer, in my opinion, it shouldn't last long. The Bundy price is tough... I like to source cheap horns for young players that may have difficulty buying one, making the prices as cheap as possible -- just sold a primo Jupiter alto for $200, break-even -- but if one considers that some extensive work has to be done to get it playing optimally, like $600-800+, all of a sudden you have up to twice as much money in the horn as you can get for it. It might be worthwhile to talk to a tech about what they think it'd take to get it playing well, possibly get the work done and raise the price accordingly.

Don't we have to have 50 posts before we can participate in the Marketplace? Maybe that's recently changed.
Thank you for looking and the compliments. I thought I had it at a very attractive price. However, I've upped the price as I was given the advice that a lower price may indeed look like something is wrong with it.

Also, that is a really good point about the Selmer Bundy. I will look into possibly getting it in play ready form.

Does anyone have any idea what a bundy selmer saxophone can go for in working order?

·
32,946 Posts
Read the rules for posting - it is a sticky in the Marketplace (and now at the top of every For Sale post).

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,878 Posts
not if you have been a member from before that rule was introduced in 2013...

·
32,946 Posts

·
32,946 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts