Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first post here!I'm not sure if this is the right forum to put this..
Anyway i have written a reggae/ska song with a horn section that includes 2 trumpets and a tenor saxophone.Since i'm not a horn player i would really like some feedback and suggestions..
I've uploaded the song here http://www.sendspace.com/file/de537p
I've played the horns using vst instruments from Samplemodeling played with a midi keyboard.Do they sound realistic to you as far as the midi programming is involved?
Also the outro from 2:55 till the end (with the sax 'solo') doesn't sound good to me and i think needs to be changed/rearranged.So if anyone can come with any ideas on what to play there or have any other suggestions in general that would be great!
If anyone is interested i can also upload the track without the horns as well as the midi file and the sheet music.Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I think the horn line behind the vocals sounds pretty good actually. Not super realistic, but with the horns playing together, the casual listener will never know I guess. I know what you mean about the ending though. I guess the best way I could put it is to give the "sax solo" something to work off of. Start with a riff and expand on that idea to make the solo progress like youre telling a story. I think the way it starts could be a start to a good motif. Try and take it "out of that riff" as well and see where it goes from there. Hope this helped. If you have sheet music of the horn parts, maybe you could email them to me and maybe share some things that Im hearing? you can email me at [email protected]. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts