Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!
I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on AMATI tenor, around 20 years old, model IV, serial: 948xx?
Is this a student, intermediate or pro horn?

I could get it really cheap (around 150€), so i wanna know, if it is any good.
here is the picutre:

Thanks for your answers.

·
Forum Contributor 2007 Distinguished SOTW Member
820 Posts
I've seen these a lot but have never played one. Amati gets beat up on a bit but these older ones look very similar in build to the older Kohlerts or Keilwerths and I think theye were made in the same factories so I don't think they could be to bad. Can you play it prior to purchase? Thats the real test if it plays good it is good.

·
Registered
586 Posts
This is the LIGNATONE model (probably 50's), the model before the Classsic and SuperClassic.
Quite good intonation. The first Amati built with Amati own parts. (The previous model TONEKING was made from new oldstock keilwerth parts (sort of war treasure).
Consider it as a intermediar sax.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the LIGNATONE model (probably 50's), the model before the Classsic and SuperClassic.
Quite good intonation. The first Amati built with Amati own parts. (The previous model TONEKING was made from new oldstock keilwerth parts (sort of war treasure).
Consider it as a intermediar sax.
I don't think is the Lignatone.I was owned Amati Super classic with serial:99xxx.I was requesting for Amati on e-mail:[email protected]ti.cz and received answer:my horn was made in 1973 year.Lignatine model was producing before Super classic and De lux models-about 50-s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts