Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soon, we will officially release our newest series of Handmade KesslerCustom saxophones that we are currently referring to as the "HandmadeLarge Bore" models. In the end, they are not really a larger bore thanmodern horns but they have the presence of sound of a large bore horn combinedwith the core and projection of a modern horn.

So, I would love to get feedback on other name suggestions for these newhorns. If you submit a name that we end up picking, I will give you your choiceof one of our Kessler Custom Handmade Professional Mouthpieces.

Performance wise, today we did a side by side test of the new HMLB alto, aSelmer Reference 54 and a 6 year old Keilwerth that we just finishedoverhauling without Pro Shop $900 Overhaul with kangaroo pads. The results blewus away as we ALL found our new HMLB model to have a bigger, fatter, richer andmore powerful sound than either of the other horns.

Obviously people will be skeptical of that claim which is why in the nextfew weeks, I will be doing a recording/video session with a local professionalwho will side by side play them for you!

Take a look at the new horns here: (these pictures show the current front runner name, the "Sonus")
alto: http://www.kesslermusic.com/KesslerCustomSax/sonus/alto.htm
tenor: http://www.kesslermusic.com/KesslerCustomSax/sonus/tenor.htm

Thanks!

Dave Kessler

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Kessler Custom Large Bore that isn't really a large bore but it sure sounds like a large bore :bluewink:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,561 Posts
The Kessler Bea-conn or The Kessler Fal-conn (With or without the hyphen)
or better yet, something that starts with "Conn" like the Kessler Conncept or the Kessler Connduit or
Connjurer

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,589 Posts
Does it have to have a 'manly' name?
Nothing wrong with the Kessler Custom Big Bertha Series.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,484 Posts
How about the Kessler Custom "Special K" (Gotta be a BIG K!)

Or, just Kessler "Special K" - abbreviated KSK

·
19,589 Posts
"Special K" may be trademarked by Kelloggs cereal. Might want to check that one out if it gets chosen.

·
19,589 Posts
YUP! I like the kind with Strawberries. :)

It was a really good suggestion too...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Contributor 2010
1,502 Posts
It is handmade, you say? Oh, I have the perfect name. But I can't say it in mixed company...

1 - 20 of 108 Posts