Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a special order by Onlile for a mouthpiece dukoff D8 but when I receved the mouthpiece it doesn't fit on my horn it was to loose, I don't know if la mouthpiece dukoff M8 is smaller then the D8 Or I have to fix my cork and make it a little bit bigger help me please

·
Registered
275 Posts
Elmer Arevalo said:
I made a special order by Onlile for a mouthpiece dukoff D8 but when I receved the mouthpiece it doesn't fit on my horn it was to loose, I don't know if la mouthpiece dukoff M8 is smaller then the D8 Or I have to fix my cork and make it a little bit bigger help me please
I have experienced the same problem with my Dukoff D8, which I purchased in 1997. The piece was very loose on my horn regardless of what soprano I played and played sharp as a result. When I decided to use it regularly, I had to have the neck of my soprano recorked to specifically fit my D8.

I was able to go from my D8 to other pieces on my soprano by using a lot of cork grease. The more snug pieces fit with relative ease and I was able to put on the D8 in the exact same position every time because it was custom fit, so to speak.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
I recently purchased Dukoff D8 and D10 metal mouthpieces for my Alto. They both had a significantly wider neck (or whatever you call the back part that goes over the cork of the neck) than my normal alto mpc, which is an unmodified Meyer 10M, and which has a nice tight fit on the cork of my alto's neck.

So, perhaps Dukoff is in the habit of assuming a wider cork than other mpc manufacturers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts