Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
For a high school jazz band audition, we are expected to play the transcribed solo on Four from George Bouchard's "Intermediate Jazz Improvisation." I'd love to be able to listen to the solo, so if any of you happen to own the book/disc, I'd be very thankful if somebody could send me the track, or send me a link to a place I could listen to/download it. My email is [email protected], if you would like to send it to me there.
Thank you all very much. I hope to make the first tenor chair in the top Jazz ensemble, and help would be much appreciated.
-Stefan

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in a bit of a state of conflict over that at the moment. One one hand, that's a lot of money for one track, on the other, it means I will have a better chance of getting 1st chair. I also don't know anything about this book, like whether it will be useful to me after the audition or whether it will have been a waste of money that could have been spared by a nice person on SOTW...

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,210 Posts
Look on Amazon. Sometimes you can buy single tracks for $.99. You can't even by a coffee for that!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,875 Posts
You might be better off not listening to it. The book itself isn't bad and has some good info, but I just can't stand listening to the guy play.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
be that as it may, I'm still expected to sound just like him. it's a pretty tough solo to learn without listening to it, and I'm having some troubles. if you have the track, I'd love to hear it, good or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts