Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member, and I found a buyer for my Jupiter 869SG that I listed here, but I'm not quite sure how to proceed. He is a new member as well. I've dealt with plenty transactions like this, and usually how it works is that the buyer sends out a money order to the seller, and the seller ships out the item when the money order is received. An ebay auction can also be set up, but then the buyer has to pay paypal fees and doing it on ebay just seems like a hassle to me. Anyone has any ideas on how I can make this transaction?

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
258 Posts
You don't have to go via eBay to use Paypal. Anybody with an email address can send/receive money using paypal. It also gives you the extra peace of mind if the seller tries to 'screw' you, as paypal will (within certain limitations) help you get your money back. I don't think Paypal charges any fees for one time cash transactions under $1000. Check their web site!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yes, use paypal. No need for ebay and the fees involved.
As long as you both have valid paypal accounts he can send you the money (and be protected --to a point)
Paypal will charge the seller (you) a small fee for the transaction (unless you have a personal paypal account)

If you do ship the horn...Ship it ONLY with a confirmed form of receipt. FEDEX, UPS, (at least you will have proof of shipping and delivery) List the item and value on the shipping form....good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts