Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have been going through a lot of threads looking for an answer and i do have a few ideas by now, but i thought maybe someone could help me further.
I have got an old Boosey and Hawkes bari without the neck and it's proving a real mission to find one. Even the Gloger master doesn't want to have anything to do with it!!
My last chance is to find some other neck and have a go, maybe even an alto neck as I have read in a few threads. So, here's my question, where do i get hold of measurements for the tenons of various necks in order to have an idea which one might fit? I have been looking on the net everywhere and can't find anything, I am hoping that somebody can help me.
As a reference the original tenon appears to have measured 23mm or 24mm.

maybe you can have a look at your own and let me know?...
Thank you so much, I'm new on SOTW and very happy to have joined the family!!

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Hi and welcome to SOTW.

First off, you might want to find out who actually made your horn. B&H probably didn't, as they usually had others stencil their products. Is it perhaps a Kohlert, or some French or Italian-made stencil? I've seen only the German Kohert-made B&H models, and if yours is one of those, it might be quite tough finding an original neck without another horn already attached ....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts