Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my wife have a duo (I play the clarinet and saxes and my wife plays the piano). We've been doing weddings, birthdays, corporate gigs etc. We play well-known classical themes (piano+clarinet) and some well-known jazz standards & evergreens. We want a good name for our duo. Something that reflects the music that we play (classical & jazz). We also want to be profiled as "classy" or "elegant" (or we try to be that..)

Some names (some quite funny) that I just figured out from the top of my head:

Jazz'n'class (nothing to be excited..)
Eine Kleine Jazz duo (too German? :--))
Ludvig van Bebop (too unofficial?)
Classic Standards (pretty boring...)

So help us to name our duo!

-TH

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
"Boehm and the Bonnet"

There you go.

·
6,862 Posts
How about Bo-Th?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
866 Posts
Alone Together
The Sound of Two
Two Gather
Listen Two (the) Music
Just Duo It
Swing with Class
Two Tone Muse

·
Banned
3,000 Posts
How about using your names? Kind of like The Captain and Tenille, Sonny and Cher, Donny and Marie, Starsky and Hutch, Will and Grace, Turner and Hooch, Ike and Tina, Lewis and Clark, Ben and Jerry, Bonnie and Clyde, Penn and Teller, Peter, Paul and Mary (wait, that last one was a trio . . .). I could go on, but you get the idea.

Or just call yourselves The Dynamic Duo . . .

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,878 Posts
Jazzical

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,215 Posts
My wife an I seriously considered naming our duo, "Two Tits and Whats his Name".
MY husband would have called us "Horny and Not in the Mood". [rolleyes]

·
19,215 Posts
And which one of you was "Horny" and which one was "Not in the Mood"?? :twisted:
You're a man and you don't know?!? :tsk: :twisted:

Maybe just calling yourselves "The _______" (insert your last name here)?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
866 Posts
And which one of you was "Horny" and which one was "Not in the Mood"?? :twisted:
You're a MARRIED man and you don't know the answer? You know what they say: "Denial is not just a rive in Africa"

Alternatively, you're one seriously lucky married man (though not being in the mood can also be a drag...)

·
19,215 Posts
Sometimes it's the married man that's not in the mood.
I don't look like my avatar any more... :(

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,943 Posts
While all the puns are great, you have to be careful that people actually get the joke, OTOH being too literal can be borin (but useful for marketing) so getting that perfect compromise between with and "exactly what it does on the tin" is the thing to aim for.

One of my favourite duo names is "Martha Davis and Spouse". Husband and wife but a nice touch (especially in those days) to reverse the conventional sex roles.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If your wife is really lightly skinned how about:
"Horn & Ivory"

In reference to both her skin and the piano keys ;)

P.S. Of course "Horn & Ebony" would be nice too: skin, piano & clarinet :)

·
Registered
604 Posts
You're a man and you don't know?!? :tsk: :twisted:

Maybe just calling yourselves "The _______" (insert your last name here)?
You're a MARRIED man and you don't know the answer? You know what they say: "Denial is not just a rive in Africa"

Alternatively, you're one seriously lucky married man (though not being in the mood can also be a drag...)
Asking a question for confirmation doesn't necessarily indicate lack of knowledge or absence of opinion. I was just asking Bandmommy to tell us (which she still has not done). Being the cliche-breaking, assertive, passionate person that she is here on SOTW, I think the answer might go either way.

Bandmommy - let's hope that former congressman Anthony Weiner doesn't start a duo with his wife and name it as you suggested. :mrgreen: (maybe his band should be called "Nice Tweets")

Segaleon - you made some great name suggestions in a prior post. I hope the OP gives some serious consideration to those.

·
19,215 Posts
I think my 'thinker' is broken. Usually I can come up with something clean, but not this week.

·
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks all for your great suggestions!!! This is why I like SOTW!

jilma: Jazzical is a very nice name. Have to think about it!

"Horny and Not In the Mood" is very funny as many other suggestions here! LOL! I'm afraid that people here don't speak english as their native tongue so it would be too hard for someones to really get it.. Have to think about that too!

Keep them coming! Me and my wife are really having fun with this thread!

Thanks!
-TH

1 - 20 of 28 Posts