Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished Colorful Mouthpiece Designer
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received as present a mouthpiece by a friend. It was in bad conditions with lot of discolorations but rails and tip were OK! I decided to restore it in a non destructive way. After the cleaning procedure I was able to read the following thin signs on the shank:

LONDON
ENGLAND

Berg Larsen (slanted)

reg. design
851427/8

On the opposite side of the shank the number 85

The internal chamber has a Bullett shape.

I am not an expert on Berg Larsen Mouthpieces, can you give me more information about this one?

The only thing I can say is that it has lot of projection and a very deep solid vintage sound.

Stan

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,899 Posts
Hr ?

(I typed H and R in caps twice now, including editing and I keep getting Hr!)

·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! Hr :)

Stan

·
Registered
324 Posts
What a great gift!

I've also got an old Berg Larsen hr alto piece with the slant sig. It's one of the older models.

I had mine restored since the tip was damaged. It's the best playing Berg I've ever played, quite different from the modern ones. More projection and more core to the sound.

·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I will try to make a wood reproduction, I really enjoy the way it plays.

Stan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Berg Larsen (Slanted)

Stan said:
I recently received as present a mouthpiece by a friend. It was in bad conditions with lot of discolorations but rails and tip were OK! I decided to restore it in a non destructive way. After the cleaning procedure I was able to read the following thin signs on the shank:

LONDON
ENGLAND

Berg Larsen (slanted)

reg. design
851427/8

I am not an expert on Berg Larsen Mouthpieces, can you give me more information about this one?

The only thing I can say is that it has lot of projection and a very deep solid vintage sound.

Stan

I also have the exact same mouthpiece in great condition. It is a 95 over 1.
I cannot play it. Wrong size for me. I'm looking to trade it for a Berg Larsen "Duckbill" 110 or 120 over 2. Know anybody who has one to trade??
[email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Berg Larsen (Slanted)

Stan said:

LONDON
ENGLAND

Berg Larsen (slanted)

reg. design
851427/8

Stan

I also have the exact same mouthpiece for a "TENOR" in great condition. It is a 95 over 1.
I cannot play it. Wrong size for me. I'm looking to trade it for a Tenor sax Berg Larsen "Duckbill" 110 or 120 over 2. Know anybody who has one to trade??
[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts