Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took a chance and bought a "Berg like" HR mouthpiece that was measured to be a 90/2. It looks like a very good custom piece but has no markings at all.

Who has or is making HR Berg's with a slightly shorter shank and a more pronounced V shaped bullet chamber?

Its got everything a Berg is supposed to be and more edge than any HR Berg I have ever played.

Any information would be great. THX ATTACH=CONFIG]230894[/ATTACH] IMG-8418.JPG IMG-8415.JPG IMG-8418.JPG

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
39,512 Posts
I think this may be a Wetklang made mouthpiece.

I had (but I gave it away) an alto and like your tenor it showed a bullet chamber. More importantly the material looked more like bakelite than it did look like ebonite which is what my feeling is looking at the pictures.

B&S mouthpiece also had a similar chamber but (at least the metal ones) have a fluting on the side (a sort of depression which in the knife world they call, I believe, a fuller)

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that might explain why it works so well with my B&S tenors.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
39,512 Posts
More modern B&S metal don’t have any fuller and have a rounded biteplate , the design of those looks similar to this one.

There was a shop in Amsterdam Müller which was the Dutch importer for Wetklang/B&S and they had drawers full of these, they closed down recently and sold all their inventory to a shop called Music All in.

They look like this (found on ebay) I think they are pretty similar to yours

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More modern B&S metal don’t have any fuller and have a rounded biteplate , the design of those looks similar to this one.

There was a shop in Amsterdam Müller which was the Dutch importer for Wetklang/B&S and they had drawers full of these, they closed down recently and sold all their inventory to a shop called Music All in.

They look like this (found on ebay) I think they are pretty similar to yours

Ive had several of the B&S metal pieces all of which were absolutely horrible and they do look similar to what I have. Thanks for the information

1 - 7 of 7 Posts