Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to check out this horn regardless, but want to know I'm going in with the right information. The seller says its a 10m with an E450xx serial number (I"m assuming he meant 450,xxx?) I'm including some pics. It has an underslung octave mech, which to me would place it in the 60's, and thats conflicting with the serial number chart I found which would put this horn at around 55.

It looks nice in the pictures (possible re lacquer?)...the seller is asking just under $1000, which may or may not be fair. I just don't know enough about what determines the value of this vintage 10m, although I understand the later models with the underslung mech, and obviously no rolled tone holes make them less collectable hence, should sell for considerably less. Just trying to get some sense of what's generally fair for these before I go in for a play test. Many thanks!!

Musical instrument Gold Brass instrument Wind instrument Saxophone
Musical instrument Brass instrument Wind instrument Plant Music
Musical instrument Saxophone Reed instrument Human body Wind instrument

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Gotcha, I know this one is definitely an Elkhart IN made which is a good thing I understand is more consitent. How do you like your mexiconn?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Sax Magic!!, do you know if Conn stopped using grub screws on the later models as well? I've heard these can be problematic, but don't know that for a fact. Yes, the seller says he does not know when the last time it was adjusted or overhauled, except he's had it for a few years, and believes it is in playable condition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts