Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am somewhat stumped by one of my mouthpieces. I believe it to be a soloist-style model, but it is a short shank with no pattern on the band. Here it is compared to a long shank soloist. Any help would be much appreciated!
Footwear Shoe Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Personal protective equipment Footwear Jeans Shoe Dress shoe Material property

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,255 Posts
I had one of those and it was very good. Maybe someone like 10Mfan will chime in. I used a D for about 10 years, very nice.

·
Registered
735 Posts
As of today, I now own 2 of these identical C* mouthpieces. The first one looked as if the scroll had just worn down over time but this current one also has no scroll, but looks and plays identically to a 'Soloist' short scroll shank. The first seller believed it to be super-rare as he had never seen another, positing that it was a transitional model made just after the term 'Soloist' was dropped (but when WAS that ?)... I have also seen three others since, including my score today, and the pictured one of this thread (one was a 'D' and might either be the same one as Bruce used to own, or they might NOT be super-rare ?)...

I could be tempted to part with one but offers would need to be circa $250.00 plus shipping from Melbourne, Australia, otherwise it stays with my back-up Alto. In any case, I am also keen to learn more about these...

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
It is not that uncommon to find the unscrolled or other simple variations with Selmer Paris mpcs, I've had more than a dozen of these.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is not that uncommon to find the unscrolled or other simple variations with Selmer Paris mpcs, I've had more than a dozen of these.
yes but would there really be two variations on the same piece? (no soloist stamp on table and no scroll on shank)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts