Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,412 Posts
Probably around 1995 and either a TS100 (top line) or the next model down. Is there engraving on it possibly including the neck? Hard to tell if it has two oval pearls for the right hand, side F# and high F# - I see one for high F#. The neck for the top line has no brace. The white felt bumpers in the key guards is throwing me as I would expect green, although they could have been replaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably around 1995 and either a TS100 (top line) or the next model down. Is there engraving on it possibly including the neck? Hard to tell if it has two oval pearls for the right hand, side F# and high F# - I see one for high F#. The neck for the top line has no brace. The white felt bumpers in the key guards is throwing me as I would expect green, although they could have been replaced.

I looked at it carefully and I couldn't seem to find anymore engravings other than the S/N and the Selmer USA mark. I've attached some more photos in case those help. Thank you for the assistance.

View attachment 197554
View attachment 197546
View attachment 197562
View attachment 197570
View attachment 197578

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't seem to find any other engraving other than the S/N and Selmer USA tag. Any idea of what it is worth? Thanks.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,160 Posts
That Low C# Key seems to be in a really strange place. Maybe it's the angle of the photo.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Don't think it is a TS100 or a 110 those would be engraved. Plus it is too late for a 100 anyway I think. I don't remember the model numbers but my guess is this is the intermediate one, probably 200 or 210 or whatever.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,412 Posts
I believe it is the student model that previously was the 'Signet'. Its probably a decent sax considering what is available now - has real pearls and solid construction.

'Plus it is too late for a 100 anyway'

How do you know how late it is? I was just guessing about 1995 when I thought it might be a TS100/110. This sax is likely well before that and could go back to the '70s. Value is hard to pin down. If I were to sell it, I would start the bidding at $950. It looks like it has a number of features from the Buescher line that Selmer bought out around 1963. The sax probably has a pretty good sound and is apparently 'new, old stock'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts