Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Can anyone identify this alto mouthpiece?
It doesn't have any signs, numbers, nothing.
It came with a vintage Buescher I've recently got.
Is it worth to keep it or someone wants it?
Wood Hardwood Tints and shades Flooring Wood stain
Wood Rectangle Material property Auto part Fashion accessory
Camera accessory Camera lens Cameras & optics Finger Lens

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I agree with the man above - try it. It looks like many many other mouthpieces including a Runyon 22. I'd keep it because it'll play well enough even with those wide side rails. It ain't worth anything in a moneytary sense and it's always nice to have such a thing on hand should you ever need it.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
that is a horseshoe chamber

·
Registered
757 Posts
thanks for replies! I'll see how it sounds. I haven't seen such a shape of the shank before.
If you mean the stepped shank, I thinks pieces similar to this came with Conn student saxes around the 1960s, stamped "Conn Precision". They may have been a Runyon design if I remember rightly. Basic beginner fare, nothing to write home about.

·
Researcher, Teacher and Horn Revitalizer, Forum Co
Selmer Paris 6,7,SA80 & Couf S1s
3,621 Posts
You might get 10 or 15 bucks for it on ebay. You can always keep it to experiment on. I learned to face mouthpieces on a box of those I bought for 6 bucks each a zillion years back.
So ,,, you're a Zillion+ years old ??
lol

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
the brand Gigliotti had a very similar shaped alto sax mouthpiece in various colors. Found with various names on them.
I think they were made by Runyon.
I have heard lots of great things about the Runyon 22 including Charlie Parker playing (a white) one but I do not recall any near the same sentiment expressed about Gigliotti.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts