Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Through an amazing stroke of bad luck/stupidity, I managed to lose the neckpiece to an old Noblet Bari saxophone. Big problem is...it was a rental, and I now i gotta return it, without the neckpiece.

as soon as i get all the dimentions I'll post em up here, but if anyone has some tips on who to talk to about finding one (or better yet if you have one or know someone who does). lemme know so i can save myself from having to fit a Bari-Sax into my college student budget (ick).

any leads would be awesome

Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
25,964 Posts
Hate to say it, but you're really screwed here. Spare necks for older horns are going to be tough to find; and especially so for less mainstream brands. You can have one custom made for several hundred dollars, but the wait will be a half a year or more.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,030 Posts
Very unlikely that you will find one used. You may need to watch ebay for a whole horn, put a neck with the rental and then have a custom made for your horn. Perhaps the rental company will just charge you a few hundred and let it go.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
214 Posts
OK, this is a longshot but I had a elem. student come to me in band class a few years back with the same story. After a few days of searching everywhere I decided to check the horn thoroughly and through one of the key openings I spotted what looked to be and in fact was the neck that was lodged inside the horn. A few gentle bounces on a padded surface dislodged it with no damage done.
Good luck.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008,
3,891 Posts
yeah, good luck with a neck, those are hard to come by, especially for bari.

It took me almost two years to find an original neck for my Martin Bari

1 - 6 of 6 Posts