Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys! i need some help with finding a good stand for my Eb clarinet. When i play in my school's ensemble, i usually have songs where i have to switch between Bb clarinet and Eb clarinet. I have a K&M stand for Bb clarinet, but when i try to use it with the Eb clarinet, it gets stuck. So here is my predicament: i need a good E-flat clarinet stand that i can use on-stage, that is also somewhat inexpensive. If you could give me a link to an online store or something like that, it would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

·
Forum Contributor 2012, SOTW Saxophone Whisperer,
3,232 Posts
An Oboe stand works perfectly

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it does? i have a leblanc symphonie II semi-pro Eb clarinet, are you sure it will fit and it wont shake around?

·
Forum Contributor 2012, SOTW Saxophone Whisperer,
3,232 Posts
More often than not they fit well. I cannot speak for every single brand, make, or model. I use an oboe peg when I play Eb clarinet and it works just fine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright, i found a BG oboe stand on woodwind brasswind for $10, i'll give it a shot. thanks!

·
Registered
355 Posts
My oboe stand doesn't fit my Eb...what brand oboe stands are you guys using?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually, i went on amazon.com and found an Eb clarinet stand from BG, so i'm not using an oboe stand.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,588 Posts
I've always used an old flute peg...

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2008
3,884 Posts
I actually have a purpose built Eb clarinet peg that goes on my wooden clarinet stand. It's got an extension on it, so it comes close to the height of my Bb clarinet. The guy that made it does a similar rig for flute/picc, so you don't have to bend way over to pick up the instrument.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts