Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had an opportunity to play with a Wangful which was definitely Taiwanese made. The proprietor of the shop goes to Taiwan brings them into Singapore.

I tried a P.Mauriat and the Wangful (I think that's how it's spelt, I cant find a website for it) and it's similar, if not a better sound. I love the quality of the action and it feels like a solid soprano. I also had a chance to look at the alto which is a good copy of my '78 Selmer Mk VI.

The soprano sounds great, plays great and to me feels like a solid sax with consistent tones. I love the raw yellow brass finish too (and so does my girlfriend!). Just couldn't bring myself to dosh down 2-grand plus for a "Wangful". Know what i mean? Any comments/advice would be helpful as I could not find anything listed here in SOTW.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,933 Posts
Just couldn't bring myself to dosh down 2-grand plus for a "Wangful". Know what i mean?
"I play a Wangful."

"A wang full of what?"

Yeah, unfortunate choice of names - not meant for export.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,364 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Selmer was making mark vi altos in 1978?

I dunno, I'd pass. Problem with unknown brands is that say something breaks......can you find a part for it? What sort of metal and stuff is it? Just lots of unknowns......

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I could hear it no w I just bought a Wangful Saxophone from mr Dick Wang its a great sax free blowing too !

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Gee, note that this was the OP's initial post on SOTW.

If you play a really bad note, will you be liable for a "wangful-death" lawsuit?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,564 Posts
Everybody Wangful Chung tonight!

Or should that be everybody Wangful Chungful tonight?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,212 Posts
How's the wang in the palms?

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Because of the name they plan to have it stenciled for and sold abroad by foreign firms. In the US the Wangful will be a Johnson and in the U.K., Hiscox.

·
15,836 Posts
It's a Wang Dang Doodle.....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,933 Posts
I dunno, what's a Henway?

<rim shot loaded and ready to fire>

·
6,862 Posts