Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anywhere? Would settle for blues in a pinch.

How about places to look for a sop? Really looking forward to getting out of the rainy and dreary Pacific NW for awhile, but I'll be jonesin' for my horn, and piano, by the time I get back. Be nice to bring something back.

· Distinguished SOTW Member
2,772 Posts
As a New Mexico native, I would suggest taking advantage of some sightseeing, nature, maybe a trip to Carlsbad or Big Bend, over looking for jazz in Las Cruces/El Paso. You'll have a much better chance of encountering some really beautiful, once-in-a-lifetime stuff.

If you go up as far as Albuquerque, you might find something cool happening at the Outpost, or a local badass like Glenn Kostur playing at Scalo on Central/Carlisle.

· Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Heavy - got a lot of sight seeing lined up, going to see some cliff dwellings, various trips my sis has planned. Wasn't expecting a huge jazz scene, but you never know who you might find. I'll check out Glenn K if I get a chance.

· Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,333 Posts
Some amazing sites in that area. You could get down to Bisbee AZ, where the gigantic copper stripmine is. Its an amazing site, and the Saguaro forest in North Tucson is awesome. The giant cacti are there. Tombstone AZ is also cool....Wyatt Earp and Boot hill....OK Corral. You should get out and check out some sites. Wine country in Sonoita. I would go out and enjoy it.

· Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do, thanks. Also, I saw a guy in Las Cruse selling a bunch of horns, including several Martins. Brought a sop mpc alone, too bad I didn't bring a tenor mpc. Sitting in the plane in Vegas at the moment. Good thing they didn't let me off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.