Sax on the Web Forum banner
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Grafton + TH & C alto || Naked Lady 10M || TT soprano || Martin Comm III
30,100 Posts
Any chance I could get one before Xmas???? I'll pay by whatever you need???
Contact Stephen, he would be the best person to arrange that. I'm sure it's possible, he has a direct line to the reindeer.

I'd send you mine, but it's signed personally.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
2,547 Posts
Any chance I could get one before Xmas???? I'll pay by whatever you need???

Mike
Sorry Mike, it doesn't look very likely. Due to the adverse weather conditions over here the couriers aren't even getting to me to collect the current EU/Worldwide orders.
Ordinarily I'd say yes ( though it'd cost just over thirty quid to express it ), but we're at a standstill here.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I just got mine. And, as a Christmas surprise (guess I didn't read if this already posted), it's a HARDCOVER! (being used to Haynes automotive manuals being paperbacks, I didn't even think to ask). From what quick perusal I've done, sweet job Stephen!!! Plan to read it over the holidays...

·
Registered
103 Posts
What a great product! This seems to fill a great need out there for us novices especially. I will have to get this one, but I guess this will have to wait for my birthday. I have already asked for 4 "sax books", as my wife calls them, for Christmas.

·
Forum Contributor 2009 & Mouthpiece Patch Mogul
4,054 Posts
At last! Started to read my copy. Steve, you ought to be proud. This is more than just a manual, its a masterpiece in writing. Your sense of humour comes through so well :) How many bottles of Champagne does it take.....? lol Will bottles of Jack Daniels suffice - I suppose not!

Nice to see a well known face in there too, Mr Thomas :)

Well done Steve, I hope you continue writing.

·
Registered
536 Posts
just got mine yesterday- not read it yet but it looks great and full of useful info. look forward to checking it out properly.
well done Stephen

·
2,547 Posts
Many thanks for the glowing feedback - it's really appreciated.
I've had a stack of similar emails from player's who've bought the book - some of whom have already had a go at tweaking.
Haven't yet had any emails that say "OK, it's all in bits - now what do I do?".

Cheers,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got my copy and what a great read it is - thank you Mr Howard, I think it'll help me keep things in shape and recognise when they're getting a bit wayward.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Received my book a few days ago. Thanks Steve. It is a brilliant book, well written and well presented. I've learnt such a lot, just from the first few chapters alone. Well pleased with my purchase and thanks for signing it too!!:)

Maggielou

·
Grafton + TH & C alto || Naked Lady 10M || TT soprano || Martin Comm III
30,100 Posts
Haven't yet had any emails that say "OK, it's all in bits - now what do I do?".
That may be more relevant to the Haynes "Marital Harmony" Manual

Dear Mr Haynes,

I loved your book on marriage maintenance and repair and had quite a laugh at first with my mates down the pub. I must admit I skipped the first couple of chapters about love, respect, commitment as I was more interested in the saucier bits, but I did already know about a lot of "getting ready for it" stuff because I read Nuts magazine down the barbers.

I bought all the equipment you suggested, but had a slight problem with the chapter on "being nice to her mum", still I thought the handcuffs would make up for that. How wrong could I be?
What do I do now? My marriage is in bits (not to mention some bit of of me).

Yours

John Bobbitt

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think some sites still have February up as the publication date - but I'll check with my editor on Monday to see what the position is on delivery to US stockists.

I've sent a few copies out to the states already ( via my website ) - but if you're looking for a bargain I found this:

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/boo...se&utm_source=UK&utm_content=Saxophone-Manual

They're selling it at £12.99 with free worldwide delivery.
I have no idea how that works - it's £11 to send the book airmail to the states...and not much less by sea.
I suspect that page might get pulled rather quickly if any USA orders come in!

Regards,
I ordered three copies from these folks on 12/31, and received them Friday. It took only 15 days to get to Seattle. And excellent books, Stephen! I now think I have the courage to attempt a few adjustments myself. A great value!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Amazon still shows it hasn't been released yet. One was ordered for me as a Christmas gift. I guess Christmas will come again in February for me.
That's a shame :( amazon.com shows it available for pre-order but .co.uk has it available now ... lucky for us I guess :) It'll be worth the wait though.

·
2,547 Posts
"Dear Mr Haynes,

I loved your book on marriage maintenance and repair and had quite a laugh at first with my mates down the pub. I must admit I skipped the first couple of chapters about love, respect, commitment as I was more interested in the saucier bits, but I did already know about a lot of "getting ready for it" stuff because I read Nuts magazine down the barbers.

I bought all the equipment you suggested, but had a slight problem with the chapter on "being nice to her mum", still I thought the handcuffs would make up for that. How wrong could I be?
What do I do now? My marriage is in bits (not to mention some bit of of me).

Yours

John Bobbitt "
One of my clients bought me the Haynes SEX Manual - I had a look through it. No photos, just lots of drawings I don't really understand....

Regards,

·
Registered
475 Posts
By now your horn must therefore be three times better than mine is as I only have one copy.
Hi, Pete,

Ha! No, two are gifts, one to our band leader and lead tenor player, and one to a friend that refaces mouthpieces and works on my horns.

All I need is one for me, in order to be dangerous!

61 - 80 of 108 Posts