Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in the hospital as I write this waiting for anesthesia to come. I bought a new piano about a year ago and I guess I got a little too enthusiastic. Wish me luck. Hope everyone has a great day. Phil Barone

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,573 Posts
Wishing you all the best, Phil.

Heal well.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,483 Posts
Good luck Phil! I'm sure the procedure will go just fine, just follow post-op instructions so you heal properly, quickly, and without complications!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
Picked up a sax in 2002 and here I am.
2,178 Posts
Good luck Phil! After therapy and some time for the nerve damage to heal,you should be pain free and regain a lot if not all of the feeling and dexterity in your fingers. Unfortunately, if you use your body parts they do eventually break down a bit. Better than being a couch potatoe though!

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,904 Posts
Best of luck, Phil. Make sure you follow doctor orders very carefully after surgery so you don't develop RSD. Hope it works for you!

- Saxaholic

·
34,573 Posts
It’s night, and I hope you’re feeling alright, Phil.

FWIW, I’m going to the doc tomorrow for a consult about the osteoarthritis in my left thumb.

Cheers to getting old gracefully!

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for your positive thoughts. I had my surgery last Thursday, still no change but it might take some time. They don't know what to do with the other hand. Hope everyone is having a great week. Phil

·
34,573 Posts
Thanks everyone for your positive thoughts. I had my surgery last Thursday, still no change but it might take some time. They don't know what to do with the other hand. Hope everyone is having a great week. Phil
Good to hear back from you, Phil. Must be time for you to practice some long tones on the piano.

FWIW, I, too, visited a hand doc this past week. My condition is inoperable - just going to get worse for a while.

All the best to ya!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts