Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started really getting into his playing recently and found out he just released a new album on bandcamp for free- I checked it out and BOY does it burn!!!!!

His bio says he's played with Jaco Pastorius, Mingus, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, McCoy Tyner, Jack DeJohnette... and just about everyone. I found out he's on Saturday Night Live too!

I just wanted to know if anybody else has heard him play and if they have other recordings? His latest album is up for free on his bandcamp, http://alex-foster.bandcamp.com and I just found out he's on the Downbeat Readers Poll, I heard it's the first time he's been on there since the 70s... he's got my vote. I just wanted to know more about him and if there are any other recordings I can find him on! Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,526 Posts
I was able to hear Alex playing in the Gil Evans Orchestra at 'Sweet Basil' in NYC. Very nice guy and a 'very' good player!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
he's no unknown to those who know!!!!!!!!!!! a NY institution

a clarinet prodigy at a young age and graduate of the Curtis Institute of Music ...... (for anyone who doesnt know that is an ELITE music school where acceptees pay no tuition)

thanks for the link to the album!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts