Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Hey all
just wondering if anyone has tried any of the latest batch of Ishimori Woodstone's? I really don't want to continue the debate about their lineage - i heard that they received some promising buzz from this year's Namm with a new Eric Alexander model in the pipeline and they have a silver alloy (mm) model which I've heard sounds pretty sweet- so anyone been playing these lately or been to the Ishimori store in Tokyo to try these out?

· Registered
159 Posts
Nice info guys -thanks. I think they are now selling for between 4 and 5,000 USD depending on the finish direct from the website. Of course then there's shipping to go along with that and a possible import charge- I don't know of anyone having dealership rights in the world. I'd love to try one. Word is they are similar to the Viking saxes- ok but it would be interesting to play them side by side. They are definately a beautiful looking horn. I'm intrigued by the satin silver and mirror finish (a bit like the sss selmers) and as I was told by Ishimori- the mm which is a silver alloy and heavier than the brass saxes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.