Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created."

I got notice that my inbox was too full. So I deleted a bunch of stuff.

Still could not send anything as the above quoted message appeared when I hit send.

Of course that happened when I tried to send a private message to a moderator, as well.

So I decided to open up a new thread to find out what is going on and what I can do about it.

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,871 Posts
I have also encountered this issue. Deleted many prior messages and still receiving it.

- Saxaholic

·
Administrator
13,994 Posts
I'll see if I can fix this for you too. Don't forget when you clear out your emails, to clear out the sent ones as well.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I'll see if I can fix this for you too. Don't forget when you clear out your emails, to clear out the sent ones as well.
This was my issue when I started getting these messages. I deleted a bunch of received emails but did not realize the system was storing all the sent ones as well. If possible it might be a good idea to have the system automatically delete emails that are older than 360 or 180 days unless specifically archived.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
29,637 Posts
This may be due to an expiring yearly contribution that should have become expired at the end of that year, but somehow didn't. I don't know if it was automatic or a manual process but either way there are no longer any of those forum donations to Harri, as he no longer owns and runs the forum. So what has happened recently is probably what should have happened anyway.

The reason it just happened now is probably due to some spring cleaning we found ourselves obliged to do in order to make the revamping of the Marketplace go more smoothly.

I remember when I contributed then stopped the next year my inbox quota decreased, it was necessary to delete and/or export to archive (which should be quite straightforward. KeithL:, this would be a good idea but sadly not possible - but getting rid of old stuff is a good idea anyway.

·
Administrator
13,994 Posts
I fixed this last night by increasing the maximum storeable PMs for the appropriate usergroups. Everyone should still follow KEITHL's suggestions, and periodically prune your messages, both received and sent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts