11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea what a good price for this saxophone is? Selmer s/n 40593

it looks in really good shape might even be original case

616C2868-F46D-40B5-A086-BAF517920D26.jpeg

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Personally I consider the value is how well it plays and how well it suits you. Consider the costs and consider also what else you could acquire for that investment.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Tenor Mattness is right. More pictures would also help. With the info provided so far I'd say your range is $4k to $15k.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
as you are typing your post here you just need to drag and drop pictures into the text box. after that you can resize them by grabbing the small squares that will show at the pictures corners.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,997 Posts
From the number and picture it appears to be an original Super Action which is the transition horn to the MK VI. Very desirable especially in original condition. I don't really keep up with values but if it is what I think, it probably would be rather pricey.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyway to find a value online for this? Pretty sure it’s way up there and thanks for all the helpful comments guys

·
Registered
660 Posts
Anyway to find a value online for this? Pretty sure it’s way up there and thanks for all the helpful comments guys
It depends on how accurate you want to be. There's quite a range of prices depending on condition, originality, repair history, lacquer, etc.... If you have more information about it, you'll be able to get a good idea of the value from the folks here.

·
Registered
Tenor, alto, Bb Clarinet, Flute
2,151 Posts
Check eBay for completed sales of Selmer Balanced Action horns. Seeing what others have paid for similar horns will give you the best idea of what it's worth.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
That horn according to the serial is a Selmer Super Action (AKA SBA). Depending on the condition it could fetch a lot of $$. As mentioned previously, buyer beware, it could be a scam.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Why are you not providing any more details? You don’t have any or you don’t want to? This community is best placed to help you out.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
This looks as good as it gets. It looks in great shape, with valuable vintage mouthpieces, a clean original case and clarinet.

I predict it'll sell at around $15k or more.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
4,706 Posts
That one will go for a lot of money .

It's looks like original lacquer is beautifully engraved and in the Coltrane serial number range.
All the extras in the case also have value .
It's in NC so I predict Brian @GetASax will snag it .

1 - 20 of 84 Posts