Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Banned
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was at a rehersal, I had gotten the stand set up, and I was taken on by this group as mostly an Alto player. Well, the first horn I set up is my Yani Alto. And I am standing, and play and get a horriable sound. It has leaks out the @#$%. But thats the only Alto I brought, and I try to fix it on the spot but nothing I do works. I call my mom, and she won't bring me my 23. So now I am completly embarrsed by my new horn, and have no way to play my solo part. Becuase if I play it on Tenor then it just wont sound right.

Has this ever happene to you?

If this horn did it once will it do it again?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,147 Posts
I thought you got that sucker fixed?

·
Banned
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did, I had it playing great at home. Anybody know the resale value on it? I am not even sure if I will continue to waste my time with this horn if it keeps doing this.

·
4,147 Posts
Wow, we never figured you would ditch the horn so quickly. The resale value is probably about what you paid for it.

It didn't get bumped around a whole lot did it?

·
Banned
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I put it in the back of my car, snuggled in next to my Tenor and my backpack, and a seat. And I pulled it out, and wow. it didn't work. Its a great horn when its working. So I am going to talk to my PT tomorrow about it. And I would probably expect to see an E-bay add with the horn on their. Probably put a $700 buy it now. Min bid what I paid for it, and list it for a 10 day auction. But holy crap was that embarssing. Sounding like Chubacka. I just have bad luck with Alto's.

·
4,147 Posts
Carbs said:
No, I put it in the back of my car, snuggled in next to my Tenor and my backpack, and a seat. And I pulled it out, and wow. it didn't work. Its a great horn when its working. So I am going to talk to my PT tomorrow about it. And I would probably expect to see an E-bay add with the horn on their. Probably put a $700 buy it now. Min bid what I paid for it, and list it for a 10 day auction. But holy crap was that embarssing. Sounding like Chubacka. I just have bad luck with Alto's.

-5 coolness points.

·
Banned
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Grumps.

Seriously I wan't to know if this kind of crap only happens to me. Also what is a good price for my Yani?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Guess so Carbs. Got a vintage Buescher Top Hat & Cane not too long ago, very beasty...after getting it adjusted it's always played fine for me :)

·
Registered
896 Posts
Never happened to me, Carbs, ever. My mother always brought me my backup sax wherever I happened to be. Dude, you need to have an abrupt conversation with your mom.

·
3,875 Posts
About 6 years ago, I had my POS LA Sax Barrington tenor stolen. Lucky for me, it was covered under homeowners insurance and I used that money to buy my Keilwerth. The exchange rate was in America's favor at the time and I got a really good deal ordering it from The Netherlands. But I needed a horn while I waited. I was playing with this funk band and the bass player had a Yamaha 62 that he let me use. Holy Crap did that thing have leaks galore. Pretty much anything below G wouldn't sound. But I had no other option. I even played a gig or two on it. Yeah, it really sucked.

P.S. - I'm not sure if I've ever seen you use there/they're/their correctly. You're a senior, you should know these things. And if you don't learn, I'm going to mail copies of your posts to every college you apply to. :D

1 - 20 of 146 Posts