Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Brink by Jerry Bergonzi?

I have to play it for an audition...and I would really like to know what the song sounds like or at least know about how fast I should take it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have three Bergonzi CD's, and On the Brink isn't on any of mine, but i do know that On the Brink is part of his book Melodic Structures Vol. 1. There is no melody provided in the book, just changes, as well as a slow and fast play-a-long with rhythm section only.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,875 Posts
This just Jerry's alternate title (to avoid copyright infringement) for Confirmation in his Inside Improvisation books.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,384 Posts
Agent27 said:
This just Jerry's alternate title (to avoid copyright infringement) for Confirmation in his Inside Improvisation books.
Not quite correct: it's an actual head JB wrote over Confirmation changes that he's recorded a couple of times.

Saxgirl07: One place I've found a snippet of it is here: it's Amazon's page for his CD "Lineage" -- a great CD that is of course out of print. The (crummy sounding) snippet takes place during the solo, so you won't hear how JB phrases his head (which I'm assuming has been provided to you), but you will get tempo information.

Good luck with your audition...

·
Registered
955 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts