Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a low a to high f# instrument, and I'vwe bought instruments from Kessler Music before, always successfully. How's the new Baritone? My alternative is a Mauriat 301GL.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
There are a few mentions of it in the Kessler section of the form but not a really in-depth review . It usually easier to let Google find these old threads (search on Kessler bari sax reviews ) than use the SOTW search function.

I haven't played the Kessler but like you I'm interested in hearing more about it. I have a Yani B992 which is a great horn but I'd like to get something less valuable to take to many of the bar and club gigs I've been playing lately. I'd prefer to find a decent used horn at a good price but used baris aren't easy to come by in good shape so I've been considering the Kessler, Just Saxes Crescent, Barone and Viking horns. I've played the Mauriat baris and they didn't do anything special for me. I picked up a lightly used System 76 tenor and near mint 67R alto both of which I like and got for very good prices. I can't convince myself the baris are worth what they are asking new and it's rare to see one used for sale.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave Kessler said his horn was a lot better than the Mauriat but he's running short on his current stock, which is the prototype. He's trying to change the thumbrest.

I've got a Kessler Custom Bass Clarinet from him, which plays great and also A Yani curved soprano and Anrigua straight soprano which I have bought from him. I'm happy with all of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts