Sax on the Web Forum banner

Has anybody got this old Sonny Stitt book ?

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  vova47 
#1 ·
I'd like to beg, buy or borrow a copy [or a PDF?] of :
"Sonny Stitt's greatest transcribed solos for alto saxophone"
also known as
"Sonny Stitt Improvised Alto Sax Solos"

by Gary Keller - pub Houston Publications, 1990

ISBN-10: 1-56516-013-4 / 1565160134
ISBN-13/EAN: 9781565160132

p.s. it;s not the tenor book, and it's not the new Hal Leonard one.

Cash waiting, as they say.

Anybody?

#3 ·
Whaler that's the tenor book that he was mentioning that he didn't want or perhaps already has.

If you find the alto book I want a copy as well, lets share the love on this one(I'll go half way on the cost if you can get me photo copies). I've already got both of the available books mentioned above, but I don't have the alto book.

The Hal Leonard book is pretty darn good though and I suggest everyone pick up a copy while it's still in print. The tenor book isn't so hot as it's from some of Stitts lesser albums and they were recorded with the varitone amplified sax.....yuuukkkkk! Stitt must have been pretty drunk to have played that contraption.

#8 ·
#11 ·
s'ok , Rackety sent me something nice ;-)

#12 ·
Hey funnyman, if you still have Gary Keller" Sonny Stitt alto transcriptions" I am very anxious to replace it, having lost my copy in a recent fire. It was one of my favorites and i miss it very much. I am willing to buy it or pay for the copies of it.
Either way, please let me know.Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.