Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Distinguished SOTW Member
1,549 Posts
I always liked Col. Potter much better than Col. Blake. Very sad indeed!

5,649 Posts
Ah, that's sad to hear. He'll be missed. Thoughts and prayers out to the rest of his family and friends as they personally deal with their loss.

He was in a bunch of stuff! Remember Dragnet?

3,088 Posts
I loved Dragnet..... and MASH and many other roles he made his. A good actor that could go dead-pan to lively within seconds and make it work.

You should all check out his early work in gangster movies.

· Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,494 Posts
I believe Mr. Morgan was the only good actor on Dragnet and he pretty well carried the show. He was a true class act.

5,649 Posts
From '69-'79 he was in a bunch of Disney movies. Those stand out because my kids wore those movies out on VHS. What an exceptionally flexible actor. Wow - here's his Wikipedia entry. Scroll down to the bottom and see his very extensive filmography from 1046-1999. Plus, he had spots on some TV shows even after that. As stated above and worthy to be repeated - what a class act.

· The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,454 Posts
Harry Mrogan was just always there as I was growing up and throughout my entire adulthood. Can't imagine entertainment media without him. RIP Harry.

· Registered
34 Posts
I was a bit young for mash, but I loved watching the odd episodes whenever they were on. Sad to see one of the most loved cast members pass on. R.I.P Harry.

14,671 Posts
One of Harry's sons was an attorney and a licensed private investigator. He worked for me doing video piracy seizures for the MPAA. He was a great guy and a good partner. I'm sorry for his loss. Another son of Harry's was an exec with Universal Studios for a long time during my time at the MPAA.

1,549 Posts
Before he became Col. Potter, he played a crazy general in an earlier episode when they used to be funny and not so preachy. He should have played Potter like the earlier character he portrayed... and it might have continued to be funny.
Yeah, I loved the crazy General. It did get preachy, however. Col. Potter seemed to be the one voice of reason.

· Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,300 Posts
I really enjoyed his work too. And when it was preachy, it was a funny and often ignored counterpoint to the other rascals. RIP

· Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
29,084 Posts
One of those rare occasions where a good book was made into a good movie and then turned into a good tv show. If anyone has never read the book, it's a riot. Hawkeye is much different in the book than the tv show; much closer to the movie. I believe only in the tv show was he not married.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.