Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is kind of tongue-in-cheek :tongue8: but have any of you seen the new "Dolphin Tale" movie? Harry plays sax in it, and apparently it's actually him playing.

Anyway, Harry's not bad on sax for someone who can only sing, and play piano, and compose, and direct, and act, and ... all right never mind, I hate him.
:bluewink:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Hadn't even heard of this film...not playing in any theaters near me but I will definitely check it out when it comes to DVD.

Is he swingin' hard? What was he playing? What kind of horn? Metal or hard rubber? I'd love some details on this - definitely one of my favorite musicians & has one of the baddest big bands out there.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,309 Posts
Harry cannot play the sax to any extent. Harry borrowed a tenor from Branford Marsalis and learned and practiced just what is filmed in the movie.

I played some dates with Harry this past April and several times he got ribbed hard about it.

JR

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So nobody has seen it? I guess I'll have to redbox it when it comes out so I can get a good look. I'm sure he didn't immediately become a stellar saxist, but either way, for a guy as busy as him, I'm impressed that he actually took the time to learn to blow instead of just wiggling his fingers on the horn for the movie. You gotta respect that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts