Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I have seen some web sites in Japan selling Harrison ligatures. I thought it was difficult to find those ligatures, but it seems they have all models. I play a rubber tenor soloist mouthpiece, a vintage one. Could anyone help me with the right size of Harrison ligature that fit a Soloist vintage tenor model. It seems Harrison has 3 sizes: T, TD and TO. Thank you for your answer. Regards. Pierre

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think the "T" fits regular hard rubber mouthpieces.
The "TO" fits Otto Link mouthpieces, I'm not sure if it's for metal or hard rubber.
The TD is for metal dukoff mouthpieces.
I would say the regular "T" model will fit your soloist. If it's a little bit too large, you could always use a mouthpiece patch to make the diameter of your mouthpiece bigger to accommodate the ligature.
If you do purchase one of these japanese harrisons, please post a review.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yea the TO is for the metal links. I have a couple of the T versions and they fit my hard rubber link and my other rubber pieces just fine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Pierre, is that the Ishibashi Webshop outfit? I spoke with Shirley Harrison about a montha go and told her of that site. I examined there pics of the ligs and it seems they made identials of the original. Mrs Harrison told me she was unaware of this and could not say if they were as good as her late husband's original lig. I translated the Japanese description of the piece. They say it is better made with better screw heads etc. I was thinking of getting an AD. Anout the tenor Harrison. The T is the standard for hard rubber pieces.
Keep us posted of your decisions to buy. Would like to here what you think.
Phil

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks Dr. Sax. I have been waiting for Rico's new production of the H-lig. Be interesting to see how they compare to the original Harrison's.

·
Registered
67 Posts
FYI...I checked out Rico's site. They say they are marketing NEW H-ligs in Tenor, Alto, and Soprano. I was unable to find anyone selling them. There is an Ebay Store that advertises these pieces. I paid for one but then found out they were on order, even though the Store said they had 7 available soprano ligs. They are labled..
Tenor: HTS1G
Alto: HAS1G
Soprano: HSS1G

If anyone finds a seller, with the product available, let me know. [email protected].

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a Harrison tenor ligature that I bought 25 to 30 years ago in school. I didn't know there was a following for them. Mine is a TD that I used on a Berg Metal from the same era. I've since bought a newer Berg and of course the Harrison is to big for it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Japanese Harrison

I am interested the Japanese Harrison ligature size A3 in the silver finish. I noticed on the Ishibashi website they're around 6,400 yen which would convert to about $60.00 U.S. Has anyone figured out how to buy one of these from this website??

·
Registered
291 Posts
I bought one of these Japanese made Harrisons a couple of years ago for my LT Guardala Studio (tenor - I think it's the TD model). The shop I got it from wouldn't ship overseas when so I had a friendly fellow SOTW member who lives in Japan buy it for me and then post it. They are really good ligatures, about as good as the original Harrisons I have owned. The antique brass finish on mine doesn't look that good though. If I had to buy another I would go for gold, silver or black.

Dan

·
Registered
8,205 Posts
You could save yourself the trouble and buy a Bonade. It's basically the same idea, but made better than the original Harrisons. I have an original TO Harrison that I had to replace thee screws because of the poor quality. Maybe his idea was to put screws that would break before you broke the ligature.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Does anyone know what a vintage Harrison "T H" is supposed to fit? Some kind of metal tenor but I don't know what the H refers to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts