Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took up my old 10 m and have the first lesson next week.
Time to get trough my sax stuff.
In my collection of mouthpieces,there is some altostuff
I found a ligature from:
Harrison A2.It is silvercoloured,in good shape and after a quick search on the net I learned it is well wanted.
can I have some info at this piece

with regards
F.Hattink from the Netherlands

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,034 Posts
Bob Harrison was a clarinetist who was from Wymore Nebraska (central US state). He made these ligatures with the screws at the top and the bottom in an "H" shape to give even pressure on the reed. He died in the early 1990s and production stopped although Rico is marketing a similar ligature. The silver plated Harrisons play differently from the gold plated ones. The name of the company was Harrison-Hurtz as his wife's family had an interest in the business. The sell for $50-200+ in the US.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,544 Posts
I love my tenor Harrison...wish I could buy them for all horns. I've been thinking about tooling up to make these. It would be hard to sell them for $50, though and I don't think the market would tolerate $75 for a 'non-authentic' version.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
436 Posts
I took secondary clary lessons from Harrison. This was just about the time he was going full time with the ligs. I don't think he was into teaching then...;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts