Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be the solution to all of your neck-sorrow and sore thumbs!

As I have sold my BA (BlazersAtelier)Sling for several years over the internet it became clear that there were several problems to attack concerning userfriendlyness, the hook, and comments from the 'fairer gender' that it still didn't solve their contentment.

So here is my new solution to keeping (the weight of) your Instrument under control, BA Sling #2

It is designed to devide the weight of your instrument between your neck and your spine in any playing position, as if it was an extention of your body, and can be worn over the left shoulder as well as mirrored, over the right shoulder.

As the length of the BA Sling is chosen an XXL size, it will adjust to all, children to adults and all instrument-sizes,available with very strong Plastic(Nylon) or Metal hook

Easy to adjust between instruments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Pj1z0rBMQ5k

For more info have a look on my Site blazersatelier.nl and look under BA Sling.

Brassman.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, if you are intersted in (worldwide) retail info you can contact me (brassman at blazersatelier.nl).

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009-
2,759 Posts
I just received my new improved BA Sling. I have two of the older models and I like them very much but I will admit there was a bit of a learning curve involved. So when I heard about the improved sling I was very curious as to how it was changed. I find the new sling much easier to adjust and more intuitive in this regard. It also seems to be more secure, less likely to change length when handled. When I got my first sling I was a bit disappointed at the plastic hook. I've since changed my mind about this feature since the hook is rugged enough and there are reasons why metal-to-metal might be less preferable — wear on the ring and noise. But Brassman now offers the option of plastic or metal and I like it when manufacturers are responsive to customer requests. This is a comfortable strap made out of the best materials and I would recommend it to anyone who gets neck pain from a regular strap but doesn't want to be encumbered by a full harness. All in all a well-made product which does what it's supposed to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
As i am using this BA Sling for some time now playing the Martin Baritone, it surprised me several times how this strap changed through times and all these changes made me more and more comfortable with it. Putting it on was a little difficult until the Brassman changed the method and putting it on became more easy. He also arranged that instruction video on Youtube. This guy is realy listening to his customers !. Some time ago i was complaining about the thickness of the neckpiece, it could be more comfortable if it was just a little bit thicker. Last week he send me a message that he changed the neckpiece and it is more thick and comfortable to wear now. That's what i like and ordered the new one. I can easily play for 2 hours without being exhausted at the end. Great work Brassman and many thanks !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As in 'lifting your axe and separating the weight' I would like to state.

I run a one person shop with a special care to consumer preferences.
Designing and developing a product is not a simple thing and very time cosuming, so to make it a bit easier to my developing tunnel-vision I am allways very happy to get consumer-comments to my idea of the ultimate strap.

There will never be a perfect strap/Harness solution that will fit every/any-body, but improving on consumer requests will not harm the aim, imho.

Brassman

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like it when the developer is open for suggestions from his clients. I've checked out the latest adaptation of the BA Sling and experienced an increase of comfort. One of the changes concerns the neckpiece and this one particular makes me happy. The previous one kept me thinking of a neckpiece with which the remaining weight in my neck will be more subdued. Now this ongoing dissonant for me is out of my system. It also surprised me that the method of putting the BA Sling on is getting so much more simple now comparing the past. Keep on the good job and, like all musicians, keep your ears open !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts