Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after dealing with back pain, I've read a great number of posts recommending a harness. I like the idea, but I have some concerns:
1) is there a harness that can be adjusted on the fly? Most that I see are intended to be set at a given length
2) do any of them have a metal hook without the latch?

I may be asking too much, but swapping harnesses is a pain, strapping two harnesses on creates confusion, and screwing with a latch during a quick instrument change in the pit is a recipe for disaster.

Any advice is appreciated

·
Registered
475 Posts
I use a Neotech Super Harness for my bari and bass. I can use it on tenor also. It doesn't have a metal hook, but a latch system hook.

I'm the bari player in our big band, and have to double on alto, tenor, and clarinet. When I have to double on clarinet or alto, I just lay the bari down on my lap and use a separate, traditional strap I keep around my neck for the alto (I tuck the hook into my shirt pocket to keep it out of my way most of the time). On the rare occasion I use my curvy sop, the traditional strap works well for it too, with the bari laying in my lap.

Hope this helps and made sense....

·
Yes, one of the neck strap guys.
135 Posts
The Neotech Super Harness™ is available in either a swivel hook OR a Plastic-covered metal hook. The open metal hook is ideal for doubling in the pit.

The length adjustment can be altered quickly and easily. The girth adjustment around the body would be cumbersome to make on-the-fly, but it shouldn't need adjusting once you've got it set to your liking.

I believe the Super Harness™ would be an ideal solution for you.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask here in the forum or send me a PM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts