Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
has anybody tried a harmony processor on a sax? (Digitech Vocalist, TC Voice Helicon, etc...) I'd like to experiment and would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Many thanks,
Daniel

·
Registered
186 Posts
check with me in a week, I'm buying a TC Electronic Voiceworks. I tried it out at the local shop and I'm sold. This will eliminate the Quadraverb 2 for other effects. The end result will be the TC V with my Lexicon. The horn section reproduction on the TC V was exactly what I expected. Didn't like the higher alto pitch while blowing my tenor but the low end Bari sound, a complete 4 part harmony IS Killer' Mon! :cool:

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have the TC Voiceworks and agree 100%.

Just make sure you purchase the optional foot switch !!! Needless to say, I forgot in all the excitement and had to double back when I got home :x

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I have a Digitech Vocalist II that we use in the studio for vocals. We've tried it on a few different solo instruments but it's a little lacking in the realistic sound department. I found it great for vocals but a little "plastic" as an instrument processor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Harmony Processor

One thing I didn't say in my Effects for the Sax article is that you're better off playing a higher pitched horn and sampling down then turning an alto into a tenor. It doesn't matter who makes the sampler; it's the nature of sampling itself.

I don't know how much you want to spend, but I love the Eventide. Try a used one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am going to try a reply here before starting a new thread...

I'm in need of some harmonies on a song and expect the list of songs to grow. I play in a band and am the only horn player. We play a couple of songs where a full horn section would be awesome. I'm in need of an effects unit that I can mute on the fly (that would be a typical on/off or bypass with a guitar pedal); I'd like to set-up at least 2 different chord harmonies (one other pitch, perhaps 2 other pitches, that I can define the off sets, 3 or more would be nice). I'd like to be able to switch back and forth between 2 of these programmed off-sets on the fly, preferably with a foot pedal; because of the way we play in our band, MIDI is an unlikely candidate. It would be nice if I could add in chorus and/or distortion as an additional effect, but this is not necessary.

Anyone have any recommendations? I may be willing to plop down some decent cash for a good unit... I've also thought about 2 units if that is only way to do this (for the switching) if they aren't very expensive, but sound good.

Thanks in advance!
Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts