Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I like it. Nice and funky. For awhile I thought that you were going for a Crusaders thing.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Sweet, I do like yer loops, li'lwailer. Heck, you inspired me to try looping for myself. It's much harder than you make it look.

Remind me again what your horn setup is? Or your fx for that matter. Is the horn track mostly dry?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a healthy amount of reverb on the horn and the keys. But not really enough that you go wow, listen to that reverb. There's enough texture there that I don't need to over saturate my horn sound.

My Tenor is a YTS61 with A Warburton 12 Degree .110 and green java 3.5's.

All the FX processing comes from the looper.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Thanks, sounds great! I'll have to try to catch your act on my next trip to the island.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Nice, some awesome analog synth sounds in there. Takes too long for you to move onto the horn though.... ;)

Also, personally, I don't like the hard pan of the drums. And given the setup would have been cool to get more effects on the horn a bit earlier? It sounds really cool with the ping pong delay, and the manipulation of the loop. Appreciate that its not as easy as it looks!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Well that’s six minutes of my life that I won’t get back.
I for one look forward to listening to your recordings.
Sean. I liked the laid back and vintage vibe. Definitely one for just chilling or driving.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Zinger!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I for one look forward to listening to your recordings.
Sean. I liked the laid back and vintage vibe. Definitely one for just chilling or driving.
Thanks Clivey,

That's the feel I'm going for. For years I was doing this stuff and I didn't have any tools for adding compression or the other FX I'm using here. I like those thick textures and wobble bass.

If you don't know who GRiZ is I totally reccomend checking out this album. It has been a big influence on me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10zKrtTbkBs

And FWIW. Don't engage this member. We've had problems in the past and they think they can create a new account and just do it all over again. Pretty sure the mods are looking at this one closely.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I commented elsewhere, sounding great. I enjoy these, it feels like each piece lately is getting a vibe of its own (which I like).

@Fader That was funny, once I got it. Must need more coffee!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts