Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
What would be a hard rubber version of Metalite M7? Thanks in advance.

JP
I don't think there is anything quite like a Metalite. With that sharp dip right after the tip, they are completely devoid of any highs. Same goes for the Graftonites.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Vandoren's Jumbo Java.
The CE Winds Mainstream is a more affordable version of the Jumbo Java. It's even blue. I have the alto version, and it's my favourite high-baffle piece, easy upper register but with more core than a Metalite.

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
I don't think there is anything quite like a Metalite. With that sharp dip right after the tip, they are completely devoid of any highs. Same goes for the Graftonites.
This is it.

The closest would be if you put your own step epoxy baffle in a mouthpiece that duplicates the dip after the tip rail.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
This is it.

The closest would be if you put your own step epoxy baffle in a mouthpiece that duplicates the dip after the tip rail.
I farted around with many of these over the years (Metalites and Graftonites) because they are cheap, all 3 chamber sizes. It was kind of fun adjusting tip and side rails and DIY baffles for a while. I finally gave up and moved on.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I should point out that the Mainstream is resin, not HR. Still, it's well made, and a good alternative to a Metalite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts