Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,147 Posts
Ask if it wants to go to dinner and a movie.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
2,892 Posts
Martinman said:
Ask if it wants to go to dinner and a movie.
Yeah, but she'll only eat fish and chips or curry.........;)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,033 Posts
Look here for some general information. You might ask him for a guess too.

·
4,122 Posts
docteurcouleur said:
How can i date my old hard rubber berg larsen ?
I am no expert and unfortunately Wanne's otherwise excellent web-site doesn't say much about the hard rubber models. From what I now, if the letter is off to the side, it is from 1960 to early 70s. After that, the letters and numbers are aligned. In the 40-50, I am guessing there was only the long table slants but am not sure. If you have the box it would help. In the 60s the box was black with red label on top. In the 70s the box is blue and white. After that, white and grey I guess. Ligature, paddle (flat screws) 60s and before. Afterwards knurled, round ones. I don't know about caps for hard rubber models.

You could post a picture. That might get more qualified responses.

BTW, to the above, I recommed "Ridicule". Excelent French movies which comes with subtitels in English.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for answer. My mouthpiece is a 110/2/M, and the M is off to the side. I went to Theo Wanne's home page, and he insists on the appearence of the machine marks on the table, but i thing there are no mark on a hard rubber mpc...

You can find two pictures from my mouthpiece
Pierre

·
4,122 Posts
You are welcome. As said, I am no expert but this doesn't look like a 40s or 50s piece to me and the offset letter disappeared in the beginning of the 70s as far as I know, so I would say it is from the 1960s.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts