Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Hello. Could you help me with some sugestions? Thanks.
Well, I have a 6M which is basically the same thing and fits well in the rectangular Pro Tec case, and I have a Martin Handcraft which is shaped pretty much identically and fits well in the shaped Pro Tec.

I would expect most of the usual suspects in generic-fit replacement cases would work fine (SKB, Pro Tec, etc.)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,970 Posts
Protec, SKB, Kaces, Gator....

The issue being the left-side bellkeys, so you want to avoid the cases which have the rigid/hard and shaped body profiles/indents supposedly made to 'fit' right-side bellkey horns.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Protec, SKB, Kaces, Gator....

The issue being the left-side bellkeys, so you want to avoid the cases which have the rigid/hard and shaped body profiles/indents supposedly made to 'fit' right-side bellkey horns.
Exactly. The problem is I would buy it online, so I must be sure that it will fit.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,970 Posts
Exactly. The problem is I would buy it online, so I must be sure that it will fit.
Yup. Usually I buy mine on eBay, and I ask the seller if the lower bed of the case is soft or rigid beneath the velveteen. I recall I have used the above brands successfully with vintage horns.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Well, if you have to be sure first, pick one of the two I have listed, because I have put my 6M Conn in both of them at different times. Jaye may be able to be more specific about exact cases that he knows work with left side bell keys as well. I'm sure that between the two of us you would have at least 5 recommendations that we can confirm from personal experience will fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts