Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to say thanks for all who contribute to this forum--I've gleaned so much in just the last few months since getting back into the saxophone after about a 23 year hiatus. Also, Joe from SopranoPlanet is awesome. I picked up a soprano a few weeks ago and got a Missing Link after chatting with Joe. It's been a blast.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
825 Posts
I got a missing link from Joe about a year ago, it's a great piece-
It plays in tune and effortlessly.

But -the shank was snug. I could only place the piece near the tip of the cork.

My sop neck cork is untouched since my Sop came from the factory.
Although unlikely, I still wanted the option to play my other Sop pieces that fit fine on my SS992.

Joe opened up the shank for me so that it fits - no problem.

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a missing link from Joe about a year ago, it's a great piece-
It plays in tune and effortlessly.

But -the shank was snug. I could only place the piece near the tip of the cork.

My sop neck cork is untouched since my Sop came from the factory.
Although unlikely, I still wanted the option to play my other Sop pieces that fit fine on my SS992.

Joe opened up the shank for me so that it fits - no problem.
On my (new) 901, the stock piece is super (read too) tight and the one from joe is just right. but, while i think the stock piece is fine, i don’t really see any situation i’d play it over the missing link.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
825 Posts
I have both the Yani piece, and a Van Doren which fit on the cork perfectly. As much as I like the missing link, I wanted to be able to use other mouthpieces.
I like to keep my horn, which I also bought new, original.

It also occurred to me that if both the Yani and Van Doren fit, then that is probably the standard shank size, if there is such a thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts